Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Grandma Jeanette's Visit

We had a great past couple of days. Jeanette came to visit on Monday and left this afternoon. Matt had a great time with her. Grandma and Matt played hard at a few parks and at home. The picture is Matt's second attempt at feeding ducks! He did much better and actually tried to throw the bread to the ducks. We almost had a tragic event when I accidentally let Matt's ball roll into the lake, but Daddy saved the day and ran around to the other side and rescued it! Good thing it wasn't a big MN lake! Jeanette gave us a bird feeder and humming bird feeder for a house warming gift and we anxiously await and hope birds come!
Karl and my dad had a great time at the baseball games over the weekend. Matt and I spent a lot of time with my mom and brother which was very nice. Matt has started calling church Amen. When we pulled up at church Matt immediately started saying amen, amen, amen! He listens for it during the service and after everybody says amen there is a little voice a couple seconds behind to repeat it! So far everyone around us has thought it is cute!
Micah and I are now 29 weeks along. We seem to be doing good. Nothing exciting to report, which is good! I see the perinatologist next Friday and am thinking positive that everything is progressing as it should. Have a good rest of the week. Good luck to everyone who is or has started back at school or work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time at Karl and Andi's (or should I say Matt's? He runs the show there!). The accommodations were great, it is a beautiful house with a great back yard that they will use a lot. A memorable moment? I was giving Matt his bottle before bedtime and snuggling. I decided to sing him some of the songs I used to sing to him when he was a little baby (granted, my singing voice leaves much to be desired). After 3 songs or so, Matt stopped drinking, looked at me and said "All done". Then he went back to his bottle. I got the message! He is a good communicator! I hope to return soon if they will have me! Jeanette

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.