Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Day of School

Matt and Micah had their first day of school last week on Wed. Matt was an old pro and did great when I dropped him off. He gets a little shy in groups so I think school is a little stressful for him. At home and when he is one on one with another person he will talk your head off but I don't think that is the case at school. He was very brave and gave me a kiss and hug goodbye then walked right into the classroom and started doing a project that was on the table. He is a precious little boy!
Micah, on the other hand, was not so brave! He CRIED and freaked out! Luke is in the same class and did super. Luke got his kiss and hug goodbye after I chased him down in the classroom and started playing with play doh. Micah was so upset I don't think he even noticed Luke was there! I let Micah bring his blankies (Tags) with him and I think this helped a little. When I picked him up he was not crying and the teacher said she thinks he will be fine in few weeks. She said Micah cried periodically during the morning. Micah was so proud after school. He was excited to show me his crafts and really wanted to sing me the songs he learned in the car on the way home.
My new challenge is trying to hear about the school morning from 3 little boys at one time during our drive home!

Micah: "Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are, up above the world so, umm (pause) how I want you to come over today." Then he stops, says "Wait a second Mommy." and puts down the car he is holding to make his hands into a diamond shape before continuing. " Like a diamond in the sky....."
Ha Ha Ha he is just a precious as his brother! :)


(Okay, I know the kitchen is a mess...but I was trying to get 3 little boys ready for school and as you can see by the absent shoes we are not ready yet!!)


Now those are "ready for school smiles!!"

No comments: