Sunday, September 26, 2010

Camping in Ventura, CA

The Stutels went camping this weekend at McGrath State Beach in Ventura. Honestly it wasn't the best camping trip we have had but we made the best of it and had 2 quality "family days." The weather was beautiful, about 80 for the high and mid 50s at night. The first night some really loud and obnoxious people were next to us. Fortunatly the boys slept through it all but I didn't! Should you really have to tell other adults at 1:30am to please stop breaking trees apart for firewood because it is too niosy and just plain a wrong thing to do? Anyway, thankfully they only stayed Friday night! Saturday we went to the beach for a few hours. The beach was about a 1/4 mile walk from our camp. The boys had more fun jumping off the sand dunes than at the beach! In the afternoon we went to the Marina and ate ice cream, looked at boats, and took silly pictures. In the evening when we got back to camp Karl started getting a headache and feeling sick. So he packed it in early. Sunday morning he was feeling fine and after a bike ride we loaded up and headed home! We stopped at the outlet stores in Camarillo and hit up the Stride Rite store for shoes for the boys. I always feel like such and horrible mother when after measuring the boys feet I realize I have been squeezing then into shoes a whole size too small! Luckly my boys are usually barefoot at home.

Our little campers! When I tucked them into bed tonight I asked them which they liked better, sleeping in the tent or their beds. Both said the tent!!

Karl told me I need to work on my "hops." I'm saying it's the photographer. He needs to catch the photo when I'm at my peak height, not coming down!!! :)




This is what your face looks like when you say "ARRRRR!"

Preschool update: Matt is still doing great! He got to bring home a letter "A" worksheet on Wed for homework due on Friday. He was very excited. After turning it in on Friday he got a sticker on his homework folder. He said he wants to always do his homework so he can fill his folder with stickers!
Micah is doing better...he didn't cry on Friday at drop off but his teacher said he started missing me after an hour and then cried for the next two hours until I picked him up. Right when he sees me he loves telling and showing me the things he does at school. He has a great teacher and I feel very comfortable to be working his separation anixety out with her.

No comments: