Friday, August 12, 2011

Matt's First Day of Kindergarten

Lots of new happenings in the Stutelberg's home! Matt had his first day of Kindergarten on Monday. Tom and Andra were still visisting so they stayed with Micah and Melea and Karl and I took Matt to school. I know Matt was very nervous but he tried to be brave! It has been a tough week...Matt comes home from school excited and talking non stop about his day but as the evening progresses his anxiety increases. He has been having night terrors each night this week. I think it will take awhile for him to adjust but I'm confident he will eventually do well. I know I sometimes feel overwhelmed with the changes that just occured in our family so I can only imagine how a sensitive 5 year old is interpreting it all. Matt has such a good heart and I would do ANYTHING to minimize his stress...I think only time will help. When I picked him up today he was excited and said, "I decided I really like Kindergarten. I had the best day yet!" Of course it is Friday...so we'll see what he is saying on Sunday evening!




Melea is doing great! She is officialy one week old today!

Micah seems to be adjusting well. He is loving the one on one "mommy time" he gets when Melea is sleeping!

1 comment:

EBS said...

So happy to see pictures of Matt on his first day! I'm glad that he's warming up to kindergarten. And Melea looks great! I miss you guys!