Monday, February 15, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond...


So, I have been a little hesitant to blog on our latest "big family happening." That is what this blog is for though so here it goes...I'll get over my embarrassment! The news is...Matt has given up his binky (aka pacifier)!!!
Yes, my almost 4 year old was going to bed each night and napping with a pacifier. Am I a lazy parent for letting this go on for almost 4 years? Maybe, but I prefer to think of it as being more of a tired parent to needs to sleep at night and clean during nap time!
Matt has been wanting a Buzz Lightyear toy for a few months. His buddy Max got one for Christmas and Matt thought it was the coolest thing ever! So, Karl and I made a deal with him. If he gave up the binky for one week he could go out on a special trip with daddy to the toy store and pick out a Buzz.
Matt did such a great job! The first few nights were rough. In the middle of the first night without the binky Matt called to me and when I went into his room he said in the saddest little voice, "Sleeping without Binky is so hard Mommy." He never cried or asked for it though! The second night was filled with night terrors because he was over tired from not sleeping well the previous night. Now we are good...Matt and Buzz are cool!
I'm so proud of Matt. This event was similar to potty training. Once he put his mind to it and decided it was something he was ready for he did it!

Today is my dad's birthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PO!!!!!

2 comments:

EBS said...

What a look! I think this may be one of the cutest pictures of Matt I've seen yet (and he's an awesomely cute kid). Way to go Buzz!

Zachariah Parry said...

This very week we are trying to help Cadence stop sucking her fingers at night. We promised her fake nails (the kind that fall off in fifteen minutes) if she can do it for a week.

Also, I appreciate Karl's comments. I couldn't help but wonder, though, if he remembered when he made me drink six different kinds of root beer. After that endorsement, I thought soda was okay. My how I have been misled.