Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jumping, Riding, Walking, Running & Driving

I think we have some good pictures (and video) from our weekend! Karl, Micah and I took it easy on Saturday. Matt and my dad rode the Metro (commuter train) down to Santa Clarita to meet my sister. They then drove to Cal Lutheran to pick up my brother. This was the farthest Matt has been away from us! Right after my dad asked if he could take Matt on the train I panicked! Karl thought it was a good idea. Good for both Matt and myself! Matt had a great time! He carried his train ticket in his pocket all day. I packed all his things in his Elmo back pack. He looked so cute carrying it! I am so glad we let him go.
This morning Karl and I took turns running. We then meet our friends, the Schneiders, and drove down the "musical road." I'll explain! Honda recently filmed a commercial a few miles from our house. They cut grooves into the road so when you drive over it plays the "William Tell Overture." It sounds crazy but it is really cool. We drove it 4 times today and pulled off to the side to hear other cars do it! Apparently there are only 3 "musical roads" in the world. Finally, something cool in the Antelope Valley!!
We then went to downtown Lancaster to a street fair. The kids got to see and talk to some policemen that were really nice to them. They let the kids sit on their motorcycles and in the squad car and turn on the sirens and lights! Matt LOVED it! We also let the kids go in the bounce house. Matt also loves bouncers! Micah forgets he is just a baby and wanted in on the jumping so lucky mom got to go in with Micah and the other kids while Karl and Bill hit the beer tent!! After naps today, which were awesome because of the busy morning, we took Matt and Micah to the college parking lot to ride trikes and walk. Check out the video! The boys rode and walked or over a half hour!! Karl barbecued hamburgers and Boca burgers tonight for dinner! It was a great weekend!




No comments: