Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Micah's Baptism

Micah was baptized on Sunday, January 13. He wore the 150+ year old gown that my grandpa Crane, Louise, Matthew, and Luke wore. It was a special time. All of our family was able to attend except Jack who was soaking up the sun in Hawaii. We had family and friends come from MN, Las Vegas and Thousand Oaks. Following the church service where Tom assisted in the baptism we had lunch at our home. Overall I think the day went well. The only glitch was Micah's minor explosion/ diaper leak on the gown...oops! Jon, Louise and Erin are Godparents. Karl and I feel confident they will more then fulfill their promise to us and Micah. Jon and Louise have to pull double duty as they are Matt's Godparents as well.
The mom's group I belong to planned a trip to Pasadena on Tuesday to the Kidspace Museum. Matt has a great time. They had a toddler play area and story time, outside water play area and a hands on indoor exhibit. I think Matt will enjoy it even more next year. I may get a year pass next year when both boys can participate. Matt was so tired and excited after the morning. We had planned to stop by Griffith Park and let the kids see the trains but decided to postpone that for another day. The kids were asleep before we got out of the parking lot! Micah, Matt and I drove with a friend. Pasadena is a little over 1 hour away.
I hope you are all having a nice week...we are off to Vegas this weekend.

No comments: