Thursday, April 2, 2009

Slab Leak...Ice Cream!

I'm not sure who said part of the American Dream was owning a home...not true! Karl and I are very fortunate for the house we have but I think we took for granted the convenience of renting! We noticed a wet patch in the flower bed in front of our house that seemed to never dry out! On Saturday Karl decided to dig up the "broken sprinkler line" and check it out. Little did we know we had a slab leak. This was confirmed after 3 days of plumbers cutting holes in our newly painted house and trudging through with dirty muddy shoes! Anyway, it is finally fixed and a new pipe had to be run from the garage into the house to the laundry room. Thank goodness for our home warranty. That should cover about half of the bill. The boys were such troopers through the whole process. On Tues we took the kids out for ice cream as a special treat for behaving so well while strange men and lots of loud saws interrupted their routine.
The firemen pictures were taken in front of my parents house. Their neighbor is a fireman and happened to be there when we pulled up to my parents house. The boys thought it was really cool to spray the fire hose!I'm off to watch the finale of ER. I have some great pictures from when Erin was here of Kidspace Museum. I'll get them up soon.

No comments: