Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our Baby is THREE!!!

Happy Birthday to Matt! Today is was Matt's birthday although we had his party yesterday. We had a good turn out and for over 2 hours our house was filled with kids age 3 weeks to 4 years! The party theme was "Matt's Carnival." The kids had a great time jumping in the bouncer we rented. The pinata was a hit, although it was the world's toughest pinata and finally had to be ripped open by hand! The kids also had a great time at a craft table decorating a circus scene picture and playing pin the nose on the clown.
I have never seen Matt so excited when the man came to set up the bouncer on Sat morning. Matt was so overwhelmed he couldn't speak (and that is huge for Matt!) His face was priceless! He had so much fun in the bouncer! About 20 minutes before the bouncer was to be picked up we tried to prep Matt and explain in 3 year old terms that the bouncer was going away. It broke my heart how upset he became. Surprisingly, when Matt got to watch the man deflate it and pack it up this was great closure for him and he was fine with it all and no longer upset. He is such a sensitive kid.
My brother took most of the pictures and I have not seen them. The battery in our camera died early into the party so these pictures are not the best. I will post some better ones in a week or so.
Jeanette, Jack, Raina, and the new baby, Brayden, drove from Vegas on Friday. It was great to have them here. Karl and I were so proud to show off our new house. We always LOVE to have family stay with us. Brayden is a cutie and seems to be a really good baby. Matt loved to "help" with the baby.
Jeanette, Jack and Raina left this afternoon. It is always a little sad when family leaves. We had such a great time with them. Matt and Micah love their Grandma, Uncle, Aunt and Cousin very much. This evening we took Matt and Micah out for ice cream. Matt said he just wanted ice cream for dinner but we compromised and got pizza along with the ice cream! Tomorrow the Stutelberg family starts detoxing!! Feb and March are full of birthdays and lots of cake in our family.
Karl and I celebrated our 6th anniversary today! We went for a 7 mile run together. Our run conveniently ended at Cold Stone so we shared an ice cream. We then got coffee and walked home together. I think I enjoyed our little date more than if we had gone to a fancy restaurant to celebrate! I think I am the luckiest girl in the world! To be married to my best friend, have two beautiful little boys, and have an amazing supportive and loving extended family are blessings I can't explain in words.
This year had flown by. It seems like yesterday Karl and I were driving to the hospital to visit Matt as we prayed to God that he would grow, be healthy and come home with us. Life is unbelievable! I can't help but sometimes just stare at my kids in awe! Happy Birthday, Matt. Your Mommy and Daddy love you very much!
Enjoy the pictures and I will try to get some better ones posted soon.
MATT WITH HIS CARNIVAL CUPCAKE SCENE

LUKE & MICAH IN THE BOUNCER

MATT WITH THE PICTURE HE DECORATED


MAX, COLE, & LUKE BUSY AT THE CRAFT TABLE


SIGN ON THE FRONT DOOR


COUSIN PICTURE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time! It went too fast! I love you too!!! I feel so blessed to have such beautiful and perfect grandchildren. Thank you! G'ma B.

EBS said...

Well Stutelbergs...I'll see you all in less than a week! I have more celebrations for Matt (presents!) and I'm happy to babysit as much as I can. Gotta get my nephew-fill. -Erin