Saturday, April 26, 2008

CSUN 10k


The boys and I went to the zoo again on Friday. Matt really likes seeing the animals and the bird show. We probably won't go again for awhile because it will be too hot. Micah didn't enjoy the zoo as much as Matt. Our poor baby was hot and tired. After the zoo we went to my sister's house for the afternoon and night. Karl met us there after work on Friday.
This morning my friend, Dawn, and I ran our debut race together. We did a 10k at Cal State Northridge. It was a fun race and we placed 2nd and 3rd in our age group, 30-34 years. Our time of 49:19 was the same but they gave Dawn 2nd and me 3rd...darn having a last name late in the alphabet!! Karl watched the boys while we ran. He got lucky and had some help because his boss, Clay, was there with his family. I asked Matt what he and Daddy did while I was running and he said "We went to Boston!" They are very efficient travelers! We then went back to my sister's and Karl took Matt swimming. Luke's first birthday party is next weekend so I helped my sister with planning. They are doing a "bath time" theme.
Micah has two teeth now. He got the lower front right tooth last Sat and the left came in on Thursday!
Tomorrow we plan on having a family day at home. The pictures posted are of Dawn and I at the race and Luke and Micah playing at Louise and Jon's house. Karl took the picture of Matt and I because we have a similier picture of Jeanette, Karl's mom, and him after a race she did when Karl was a baby!
Congratulation to John, Karl's uncle, for his acceptance into the radiology program in Chicago!

No comments: