Sunday, September 16, 2007

Apple Picking

We went apple picking with my parents today in Tehachapi. It is about a 45 minute drive from Lancaster. Apple picking was a lot less messy than cherry picking! Matt figured it out right away. His favorite apple was a shriveled up half rotten one he found on the ground. He carried the awful apple around all afternoon! After picking apples we drove to another farm and picked raspberrys. Fortunately he lost the yucky apple at the raspberry farm. Matt LOVES berrys! He was eating them faster then we could pick them...so he gave up on us and started picking and eating his own! We then went out to lunch before heading home. The restaurant was in front of the train tracks and Matt enjoyed watching the train from the window. When we left another train started coming so Karl covered Matt's ears and we all got excited for it. Poor Matt freaked out when it went by and blew the whistle. I guess they are not so cool up close and loud! He recovered fast and kept signing and saying train all the way home! Hundreds of energy creating windmills are located on the hills around Tehachapi. Matt loved these and signed and called them fans. We are all exhausted! I have some apple sauce cooking in the crock pot which will be good for breakfast tomorrow! Tomorrow Brad and Jeanette are stopping by for dinner on their way to a memorial service on Tues so I think I will attempt an apple pie.
Saturday Luke got his band. Yesterday and today are trial days where he wears it for 3 hours then off for 1 hour to check for redness and pressure points. Since he has had it off occasionally it gave Louise a chance to decorate it! I don't think Jon and Louise ever imagined they would have a little football player!
That is all for now...I see the perinatologist on Wed. I am curious as to how much Micah weighs because I am just about at the point when Matt was born. I have a feeling Micah is smaller...we will see.

No comments: